Dedicated home server and custom maps

Hello,

I got the game on steam a few days ago and I'm new to life is feudal.

So i installed a dedicated server on my PC with mariaDB following tutorials on youtube and everything is running well ...

My question Is: can use custom maps on my server? how do I import / execute the generated SQL file that i downloaded from custom maps to my server?
im still trying to figure out how server and database works and where are the database sql files on both dedicated server and mariaDB

Sorry if this is a stupid question and for bad english..

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Re: Dedicated home server and custom maps

Zebob wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 21:30My question Is: can use custom maps on my server? how do I import / execute the generated SQL file that i downloaded from custom maps to my server?
Hi,
you can. But since I don't have time and resources to troubleshoot everyones custom home setup, which usually has more variables than things a computer can actually do, home setups are not officially supported. If you already made a regular server with default map work on your machine, the setup for a custom map is pretty much the same as for real dedicated servers. Just stick to the instructions. Install the HeidiSQL client and connect it to your local database. Then you can import the SQL file.

Cheers

Re: Dedicated home server and custom maps

Nyuton wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 01:28
Zebob wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 21:30My question Is: can use custom maps on my server? how do I import / execute the generated SQL file that i downloaded from custom maps to my server?
Hi,
you can. But since I don't have time and resources to troubleshoot everyones custom home setup, which usually has more variables than things a computer can actually do, home setups are not officially supported. If you already made a regular server with default map work on your machine, the setup for a custom map is pretty much the same as for real dedicated servers. Just stick to the instructions. Install the HeidiSQL client and connect it to your local database. Then you can import the SQL file.

Cheers
Hi Nyuton,

i have all running nice on my home server;

As you said, i just have to import the SQL file do the database on my own computer using HeidiSQL, i also add my server on FeudalTools manager after openning a few ports to redirecting the database address, thank you!

And i can run my dedicated server and the game on the same computer, the only problem is that my server dont appear on the server list, we can connect only using the console, any suggestion?