Terrain Editor / Original Map Patches

Hello Nyuton!

I do not know if this is possible, but I would like to suggest the ability for the Terrain Editor to work with the original map ( unless it's only telling me it won't because I'm doing it wrong? ); I would also like to suggest a couple more map patches for the original map. While many would disagree, I believe the original map is a real gem, a classic to be revisited, and deserves more attention with some extra landmass to spice it up a bit; to include a bit more resource diversity in said patches!

I apologize if this thread is a bit short, but I have already sent two emails which may have ended up in your spam ( it happens; named Map Modifications & Map Modifications II ) and believe it may be best to take this conversation to the emails.

Hope to hear from you soon! Take care!

Respectfully,
termexpired

Re: Terrain Editor / Original Map Patches

Hi,
sorry, this week is very busy. I haven't checked the mail for a couple of days as I'm not home this week. I will review and get back to your mail on Friday.

As for these requests: Terrain Editor for the original map is possible in theory but it's a lot of extra work. The good thing about custom maps is that you have all the terrain information stored in the database, so it's not too hard to tell a website to draw an image of that terrain from the database records alone. With the original map, this isn't the case and the Terrain Editor in its current state wouldn't know what to display. It would require so much extra work which I didn't want to tackle for a map that is barely used anymore.

On the other hand, these map patches are easy to make. This feature was originally made back in the day when custom maps were introduced but not all existing servers wanted to wipe just yet. It was to give them a way to still benefit from the map generator I made, adding some new land to their existing servers. The reason why there aren't more than these two is because nobody really uses them anymore. I also kind of ran out of ideas. If you have ideas for locations and shapes of additional land pieces for the map, feel free to draw a sketch or draft and it should be fairly easy to add them.

Cheers

Re: Terrain Editor / Original Map Patches

Hello!

Oh man oh man, even though it sounds unlikely the terrain editor will be usable with the original map, you must made my day by saying the patches are easy and gave me some hope there!

I'll try to come up with some ideas but will wait to talk to you about them til you have some more time. You'll see; just respond to me via email when ready, sir!

Respectfully,
termexpired