Map Refresh Crashed!!

I have started a map refresh which has now crashed!! What now please? Disaster!! Have I lost everything now?
217672019-01-24 12:37 Map Refresh 88.99.41.76:23045 The process crashed.83.86 %

I came across a similar issue on your forum which says its due to unmovable items(building) belonging to a guild but outside their claim? I subsequently saw one guild has built 2 outposts which is not allowed on our server! Could this be the reason for the crash and can it be fixed?

Regards

Re: Map Refresh Crashed!!

why would you lose everything? Just restore database backup.

and no, this is a new issue.
Seems more like a game bug than a bug in the map refresh. Cause it's trying to delete a building using the built-in database function `p_deleteUnmovableObject` and fails. That same function is called by the game when you delete the building in GM mode, so chances are you can't delete it ingame as well.

I need to look at this over the weekend and maybe find a workaround for the refresh script.

Thank you for your reply. When I saw a previous post regarding this i figured it must be a building which belongs to a guild but not on that guild claim so the penny dropped that it must be the 2 outposts a player asked me if its allowed to put up the night before.

I found the 2 outposts on heidisql and deleted them from there. I then started the map refresh from the beginning again and it completed successfully. So all is good however our roads took quite a lot of damage despite me covering them properly although that is what I thought!

Could you please explain what and where the 3 buffers are for when one set up the map refresh?

Regards

The buffer zone is a small, configurable radius around claims that will be protected from the refresh. You could say that it makes the claims a little bit bigger than they actually are.
It can be configured for terraforming, movable and unmovable objects separately.
Attachments
refresh_outline.jpg refresh_outline.jpg Viewed 4361 times 89.4 KiB