Re: Couldn't connect to MariaDB Database

Hi,
your database is refusing connections from foreign hosts. You want to set it up to allow connections from either the feudal.tools server (88.198.53.198) or anywhere (%).
If you have access to your database through HeidiSQL, you can change this setting in the users & permissions control.

For example, if you are using the root user, you can edit the ::1 entry to "allow access from everywhere". See screenshot example.

*Moved this topic to FeudalTools support
Attachments
ps34.jpg ps34.jpg Viewed 10538 times 111.96 KiB

Sorry, I am not the best when it comes to describing things. I can access it using heidisql, if I change it to the wrong file name it does tell me that the file cannot be found so I believe I keep setting it up right as far as entering the details into the site. I did set the permissions already, set permissions specifically for the ip address given in faq. Do you need my computer setup? Or a different setup?

I mean your server setup.
Server environment would be useful. Like, have you rented a gameserver from one of the popular gameserver hosters like PingPerfect/BlueFang/etc, or have you rented a windows root server, or are you trying to host the server at home...

I can check connectivity from the FeudalTools server if you want to provide the database IP address/port/username/db name that is being used. Send in private message if you want. That would at least give us a proper error description.

Hello. Yesterday I was able to connect the server with the same credentials and today I am not able to. Everything is correct and I have done everything at the top of this post with setting root to connect anywhere. I am out of ideas. Is there someone that I can email so I can share some of the info to get this resolved?