Map refresh feedback - admin lands

Well, it worked... kind of lol
We lost some parts of our road network, and some places not on a claim or admin lands didn't get refreshed.

this is the live map, so you can see where some sections of road went poof:
https://livemap.feudal.tools/id/404

And here is a screen grab of the admin_lands section of the DB:
https://imgur.com/X1I5WF4

The way I set up the admin lands may be the issue. I went around the map and got the 2 geoid numbers with my wife. I made sure our geoid refreshed and matched while we were both standing on the same corner tile, then used "insert row" in the section in the pic, then plugged in the numbers. I have since got a reply on my LiF forums post from a dev on how to do it a completely different way, and that is why I think the way I did it might be the cause of the issues.

here is a link to the forums post with the Dev response:
http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/admin-lan ... to-t37991/

I'm gonna go ahead and roll with what the refresh did because redoing the parts of the road network will take me a ton less time than cleaning up all the messes that people left. And it will give my community something to work on when they get bored.

I'll be running the refresh again in 3 months, but i will do it following the Dev's instructions on setting up admin lands.

Re: Map refresh feedback - admin lands

Thats interesting. Thanks for your feedback. I didn't know they implemented slash-commands to manage admin lands, that's good to know.

Do you have a pre-refresh database backup of your server that you could send me in a private message? It's a perfect test case for both working on a visualization layer for admin lands on the livemap as well as investigating what happened with the admin lands in the refresh.

Re: Map refresh feedback - admin lands

I identified two issues.

1) First is my false assumption that GeoID1 would be the north-western corner and GeoID2 the south-eastern. It's the other way around.
Correct assignment is GeoID1 being the south-east (bottom right) corner and GeoID2 being the north-west (top left) corner of the rectangle.

However, the refresh script doesn't care about that. It detects which GeoID is more to the top-left and use that as the top-left corner. So this might be causing issues in-game but not within the refresh.

2) There was a typo in the script that broke the admin lands area whereever the GeoID1 and GeoID2 is in a different TerrainBlock. i.e. GeoID1 being in 444 and 2 being in 447. So there was a high chance that very long admin lands that cross terrain borders wouldn't work.

So after swapping GeoID1 and GeoID2 in your database and after fixing the typo in the script, I ran the refresh again and got good results. See the visualization of the admin lands you created in the images below in the red rectangles.
I'll include this fix in the 1.8.4. update later today or tomorrow.
Attachments
post_refresh.jpg post_refresh.jpg Viewed 5687 times 164.18 KiB
pre_refresh.jpg pre_refresh.jpg Viewed 5687 times 169.17 KiB