Some suggestions for map generator

Hello, if you are still working on improving the custom maps generator, i have a few suggestions and possibly a bug to report.

1. Please expand the possibilities of substance map. Deserts in higher altitudes would be nice. Also clay pits sometimes generate on weird positions. Having the option to draw clay pits where I want them as well as their shape would be extremely useful. Perhaps also rock, since sometimes you want rock where the slope is not steep enough. And loose rock as well, like on the original YO map on the north-east shore (I think the substance is called "RiverRock").

2. Add a third map with set quality hotspots - sometimes its very difficult to get high quality clay or sand on a map with randomly generated clay pits and Q hotspots.

3. Add an option to set at what minimal altitude gold deposits spawn - right now on some maps which are mostly lowlands with some spiky mountains, like "Atagax V", it is nearly impossible for players to find gold, since it spawns in the inaccessible spiky mountains. (on the other hand it is a failure of the server admin if he uses such a map)

4. Now this is perhaps a bug - On the beginning and the end of a high slope where rock generates, the rock is shifted by one tile - see the screenshot
https://imgur.com/won2yoD
The South, S-E and some of the S-W tiles are dirt and should be rock.

Thanks for your awsome work, you are keeping the game somewhat alive.

Re: Some suggestions for map generator

Still, the mechanism for the generation of deposits allowed the height and quality of the ore, because alluvial gold in ancient times was washed in rivers.

Inaccessible gold at the peaks is very annoying and the generation of these peaks, too.
A practitioner will always shoot a theorist ...
P.S. Russia, Siberia

one more suggestion for the "Terrain editor" tool - when editting material into snow, there are two types of snow. The tool spawns the "natural" snow which only appears in high altitudes or in lowlands during winter. If you spawn it with the tool and these conditions are not met, it immediatelly despawns upon server start and leaves a hole in the ground. Would be better if the tool spawned the "loose snow" or whatever it's called, which appears when a player pours snow on the groud, as it does not despawn.

So, as an example, the 97.5 tile behind your character should be rock?
But if you say it's shifted, that means the 95.2 rock tile behind that one should be soil? Wouldn't that be bad as well? Shouldn't they both be rock? I really don't know currently cause I don't have the game installed atm but it looks like there's a full row of rock missing.

In my opinion rock should be wherever a a tile has altitude 2.0 bigger than any other of the 8 tiles around it - except for beach-level altitudes where it should be 1.5 meters.

For example this cliff facing north is correct.
This cliff facing south-east is shifted diagonally one tile to the SE.
Last edited by Falkvard on 30 Oct 2019, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.