Re: CustomMap-Creation & Finetuning with TerrainEditor

Hi,
you can't extract it but you could update the database records for the custom map to include all edits. So the next time you do a refresh, all your edits belong to the custom map and will be protected.

Run these queries in the database after the terrain edits:

Code: Select all

UPDATE nyu_custom_map SET val = (SELECT GeoVersion FROM terrain_blocks WHERE ID = 442) WHERE name = 't442_version_last';
UPDATE nyu_custom_map SET val = (SELECT GeoVersion FROM terrain_blocks WHERE ID = 443) WHERE name = 't443_version_last';
UPDATE nyu_custom_map SET val = (SELECT GeoVersion FROM terrain_blocks WHERE ID = 444) WHERE name = 't444_version_last';
UPDATE nyu_custom_map SET val = (SELECT GeoVersion FROM terrain_blocks WHERE ID = 445) WHERE name = 't445_version_last';
UPDATE nyu_custom_map SET val = (SELECT GeoVersion FROM terrain_blocks WHERE ID = 446) WHERE name = 't446_version_last';
UPDATE nyu_custom_map SET val = (SELECT GeoVersion FROM terrain_blocks WHERE ID = 447) WHERE name = 't447_version_last';
UPDATE nyu_custom_map SET val = (SELECT GeoVersion FROM terrain_blocks WHERE ID = 448) WHERE name = 't448_version_last';
UPDATE nyu_custom_map SET val = (SELECT GeoVersion FROM terrain_blocks WHERE ID = 449) WHERE name = 't449_version_last';
UPDATE nyu_custom_map SET val = (SELECT GeoVersion FROM terrain_blocks WHERE ID = 450) WHERE name = 't450_version_last';
Note that this will protect the current state of the map from refresh. Including all terrain edits and player terraforming up to this point. So this is probably only useful if you do your edits right after the map installation.

Cheers

Hi,

thank you for the description! I will test it soon.

I would appreciate a feature extension of the Terraform Function.

It would be great, if you could implement an option to "Increase/Decrease the Altitude of Selected Cells" [+Value/-Value].

So it would be possible to lower or raise natural landscapes with this command.

Also the option to select all types of Surface Materials would be great (Marble, Slate, Granite, all Ores).

Could you implement "Claim-Stamps" for the Terrain-Editor, when i send you the precise coordinates? (excel or open office sheet)

Have a nice day!

ULS2019 wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 18:14It would be great, if you could implement an option to "Increase/Decrease the Altitude of Selected Cells" [+Value/-Value].

So it would be possible to lower or raise natural landscapes with this command.

Also the option to select all types of Surface Materials would be great (Marble, Slate, Granite, all Ores).
Yeah, I can probably add this with the next update. Noted.

Could you implement "Claim-Stamps" for the Terrain-Editor, when i send you the precise coordinates? (excel or open office sheet)
I don't know what you mean. You can already use the circle selection tool to select a claim-sized area.